UK based sales manager, responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and defining the “go-to-market” plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market and kick starts the initial stages of the sales cycle. A senior sales and business development professional who can demonstrate credibility through their commercial acumen and tenacity.
What will you do as a Sales Manager
- Manage the sales cycle including lead generation, qualification and other deliverables for closing deals while consistently delivering on aggressive sales goals
- Engage effectively with clients to position LayerV’s propositions through value based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, references and analyst data
- Manage partner relationships (AWS, Azure, Google) and their respective account managers to help curate leads and participate in joint marketing campaigns
- Manage accurate sales forecasts and regular management reporting using CRM Tool (Hubspot)
- Lead and support on proposal development and quotation process including solution, cost and timelines, etc.
- Work closely with the marketing exec in supporting marketing campaigns such as social media, website engagements, event management, etc.
- Work collaboratively with all functional peers (management, back-office and technical team members) to ensure a smooth transition from prospect status to client status
- Continuously develop your own skills and competencies
What you need to have
- Successful history (min 5 years) as a senior individual contributor or manager in sales /technical sales or business development in a Cloud Technology Sales environment, with the ability to prove consistent over- achievement against targets
- A strong understanding of cloud and emerging computing technologies and business drivers will be invaluable; combining this with an ability to connect technology to measurable business value will be essential
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth technical sales environment
- Proven expertise in developing relationships from cold leads and the ability to generate leads
- Strong influencing, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills at CxO level
- Creativity with strong problem solving skills, and the ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced, diverse and changing environment
- High degree of professionalism in communications written & verbal; excellent presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate personal leadership and drive, self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow the company’s instructions for lead follow up, documenting conversations and actions, updating the company’s database, posting notes, scheduling follow up calls and sending appropriate marketing materials
- Passionate about Technology
- Proposal writing and sales presentation experience
- Hubspot or CRM tooling experience
It would be good to have
- Solid sales experience working within a Cloud Managed Service company
- Proven track record in selling and closing large managed service leads
- Solid Financial Services background and deep understanding of industry and technology challenges
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure knowledge (in a sales capacity)
Who are LayerV?
LayerV are specialists in cloud solution integration and trusted partners with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft’s Cloud Platform. We’re experts in the management of the modern cloud infrastructure. We consult on the planning, migration, monitoring and optimisation of cloud services and promote lean business models to maximise cost savings while delivering world-class security, reliability and quality of service.
What will LayerV offer you?
- A chance to join rapidly growing global Next Generation Cloud Solution & Manage Service Provider
- An opportunity to develop and mature the sales process and strategy
- Exposure to exciting and new public cloud technologies and solutions
- Excellent Training and Development
- Flexible working
- Highly skilled team and career opportunities
- Exciting, young and dynamic team
- Excellent OTE and benefits package