What will LayerV offer you?
- A chance to work in the rapidly growing business of Cloud Computing
- An experience of many different clients, projects and technologies, offering a varied career where you can expand your IT knowledge
- The opportunity to shape the development of LayerV’s Cloud products and services
- Exposure to the cutting-edge IT concepts, for example ‘Infrastructure as Code’, continuous integration and continuous delivery of systems and infrastructure
- A job where you can decide the direction of your education and career development
- A commitment to a welcoming and friendly working culture
- A competitive salary that is linked to your performance and skills development
What will you do:
- Operate the tools and processes to maintain stability and performance of large scale distributed systems in the cloud
- Act as a client-facing technical contact, both in our projects and managed services functions.
- Support the full lifecycle of Cloud solutions: design, build, release, deployment and configuration activities
- Ensure best practices are always adhered to with internal projects, and enable customers to use best practices when making any changes to their environments
- Provide technical support for major incidents, ensuring clear communication to all parties
- Support the production of internal technical documentation and the review of client technical documentation
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support rotation.
What you need to know:
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical position
- Experience working with Linux or Unix (any common distros)
- Linux and/or Microsoft system administration skills.
- Experience with some of the more common Web products (e.g. Apache, Nginx, IIS, MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Understanding of ITIL, service delivery and change management processes
- Experience in network and application monitoring and related alerting systems
It would be good to have:
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture: EC2, S3, CloudFormation, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience supporting highly-available, high-security, 24x7 production environments
- Java and JBoss experience
- Experience with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring, Troubleshooting tools
- Some programming experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Understanding of various database technologies and their system requirements
- Exposure to IT information security concepts and best practices