What will LayerV offer you?
- A chance to work in the rapidly growing business of Cloud Computing
- An experience of many different clients, projects and technologies, offering a varied career where you can expand your IT knowledge
- The opportunity to shape and lead the development of LayerV’s products and services
- Exposure to the cutting-edge IT concepts, for example ‘Infrastructure as Code’, continuous integration and continuous delivery of systems and infrastructure
- A job where you can decide the direction of your education and career development
- A commitment to a welcoming and friendly working culture
- A competitive salary that is linked to your performance and skills development
What will you do as a LayerV DevOps Engineer (AWS/Azure)
- Implement of Deployment and Operation automation
- Troubleshoot existing DevOps processes
- Support and advice for development teams
- Act as a leading client-facing contact, in both our projects and managed services functions
- Lead the development of the tools and processes required to maintain stability and performance of large scale distributed systems in the cloud
- Take responsibility for the design, implementation and management of Cloud solutions – the full lifecycle of design, build, release, deployment and configuration activities
- Ensure best practices are always adhered to with internal projects, and enable customers to use best practices when making any changes to their environments
- Lead the production of internal technical documentation and the review of client technical documentation
- Participate in on-call support rotation.
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in technical position
- AWS CloudFormation
- Git, SVN
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch, SES, SQS). Hands-on experience highly desired.
- Continuous integration, Automation/Config Management and source control (Jenkins, Ansible, TeamCity, Bamboo, Git, Stash)
- Basic software development skills/experience. Scripting experience a bonus.
It would be good to have:
- AWS Certifications desirable
- Proven track record of completing AWS projects
- Understanding of AWS technologies such as Cloudformation, Elasticsearch and Docker.
- Continuous integration concept and tools knowledge (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Development experience (java or .Net)